Elections & Voting Information
NOTICEPLEASE MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO VOTE EARLY OR BY ABSENTEE. myvote.wi.gov or call Mary Jo at 437-5197 ext 1 to arrange curbside voting.
VOTER PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE PROPER IDENTIFICATION TO VOTE!! Call the Clerk at 608-437-5197, ext. 1 with any questions.
The Village of Blue Mounds polling place is located at 11011 Brigham Avenue. Polls open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m. The polling place is accessible to disabled and elderly voters. Voter Registration Form
Where To Vote
You must be registered in the Village of Blue Mounds to be eligible to vote in any election in the Village.
- If you moved into the Village from another municipality (whether from Wisconsin or out of state) you will need to register to vote.
- If you have moved within the Village limits, you will need to fill out a new Voter Registration Application.
- If you have changed your name, you will need to fill out a new Voter Registration Application.
If you are wondering if you are registered or want to look up your registration information, you may look it up at the Wisconsin Statewide Voter Website: myvote.wi.gov.
Registration Prior to Election Day
- You may come to the Clerk’s Office Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You will need to bring Proof of Residence with you. You may download the Voter Registration Application from this page and bring it with you or you may fill one out in the Clerk’s Office.
- You may call the Clerk’s Office and request a Voter Registration Application be mailed to you. You may return it along with a copy of your Proof of Residence to Village of Blue Mounds at 11011 Brigham Ave., P.O. Box 189, Blue Mounds, WI 53517.
- You may download the Voter Registration Application on this page. Please complete the Application, print it, sign it, and return it along with a copy of your Proof of Residence to Village of Blue Mounds at P.O. Box 189, Blue Mounds, WI 53517.
Registration on Election Day
On Election Day, you may register to vote at the Polls. You will need to bring Proof of Residence with you. Information on Polling Locations can be found at the Election Information.
- Mailed Registrations must be postmarked no later than 20 days (3rd Wednesday) before Election Day.
- Registrations in the Clerk’s Office must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day before Election Day
- Election Day Registrations must happen at the Polls between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Acceptable Proof of Residence
The document provided must contain a current and complete name and residential address. Forms that have an expiration date must be valid on Election Day.
Acceptable Documents are Limited to:
- A current and valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
- A current and valid Wisconsin Identification Card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body
- An identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder (not including a business card)
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A cable television, gas, electric, telephone or other utility service statement for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day
- A current bank statement or current pay check
- A government check or document
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day (Cannot be used by first-time voters who register by mail)
- A university, college or technical institute identification card bearing a photo of the cardholder (May be used even if the card does not contain the cardholder’s address, if the educational institution provides a certified student list for use at the polling place)
Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on election day may request to vote an absentee ballot. A qualified elector is any U.S. citizen, who will be 18 years of age or older on election day, who has resided in the ward of the municipality where he or she wishes to vote for at least 10 consecutive days before the election. The elector must also be registered to vote. You will need to bring your photo ID or send in a copy of it with your application. Application for Absentee Ballot
Requesting an Absentee Ballot
Applications for Absentee Ballot are available in the Village Clerk’s Office, 11011 Brigham Ave., Blue Mounds, WI 53517, (608) 437-5197 ext. 1 or can be downloaded on this page. An Application must be submitted before an Absentee Ballot can be issued. Downloaded forms must be completed, printed, signed, and returned to the Clerk’s Office.
Special absentee voting application provisions apply to electors who are indefinitely confined to home or a care facility, in the military, hospitalized, overseas, or serving as a sequestered juror. If this applies to you, contact the municipal clerk.
Absentee Ballot Deadlines
Ballots are available before each election.
- The deadline for making application to vote absentee by mail is 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the election.
- The deadline for voting an absentee ballot in the clerk’s office is 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the election.
- All voted ballots must be returned to the municipal clerk so the clerk can deliver them to the polling place before the polls close on the day of the election.
By law, any ballots received after the polls close cannot be counted, with certain exceptions for provisional voters and some Military Absentee Voters.